Whaleback Mountain Club (WMC) Coach/Athlete
(last updated January 7, 2022 for the 2021-2022 season)
Coaches and Athletes must self monitor and if the answer is yes to any of the following do not participate:
- Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 72 hours?
- Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19?
- A fever of 100.4° F or higher?
- Respiratory symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Flu-like symptoms such as muscle aches, chills, and severe fatigue?
- Gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Changes to your sense of taste or smell?
- Have you had any close contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days either:
- Internationally (outside of U.S.) or
- By cruise ship
IF YES TO ANY OF THE ABOVE, DO NOT PARTICIPATE.
EVERY COACH and ATHLETE NEEDS TO HAVE AT ALL practices:
- Masks (Masks must be worn in accordance with Whaleback Mountains masking policy and any Town of Enfield ordinances that may become applicable during the season.)
- Personal container of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Personal Water and Snacks or money to purchase from resort. There will be NO sharing of water or food between athletes.
ALL COACHES and ATHLETES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRACTICE HAND HYGIENE
- Upon arrival and prior to leaving.
- Before and after going to the bathroom.
- Before and after touching the face or face covering.
- Before and after touching any shared equipment.
ATHLETE and COACH RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Maintain social distance whenever possible.
- Come wearing my face mask; and practice good hand hygiene.
- Keep my equipment and clothing distanced from other athletes’ equipment whenever possible.
- No sharing of water or snacks.
- No unnecessary physical contact, such as high-fives, hugs, fist-bumps, handshakes, etc.
If you are symptomatic, please self-isolate and contact your health care provider to be tested for COVID-19.
- Anyone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 will refrain from attending practices/event.
- Persons must stay home until symptom-based criteria are met for discontinuation of isolation as determined by the NH DHHS:
- Stay home and away from others (including people in your household) for at least 5 days.
- Isolation can end after day 5 if you are fever-free (off fever-reducing medications) for at least 24 hours and other symptoms are improving.
- If fever has been present in the prior 24 hours, or if other symptoms are not improving, then you should continue to isolate until fever free and symptoms are improving for at least 24 hours, or until after 10 days of isolation.
- For 10 days:
- Wear a well-fitting face mask when around other people.
- Avoid people who are immunocompromised or at high-risk for severe disease.
- Avoid travel, if possible. Note: per CDC guidance, you can take an antigen test on day 5 before ending isolation and, if positive, you should continue to isolate for a total of 10 days. Individuals and businesses/organizations can consider but do not have to adopt this testing strategy.
If you are asymptomatic, but have been exposed or had close contact with someone suspected or confirmed with COVID-19, or report a travel-related risk factor, you should follow the quarantine guidelines published by the NH DHHS before participating in practices or events.
If athletes or their household contacts have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or is suspected of having COVID-19, please report that information to WMC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you learn about it.
CHAIR LIFT GUIDELINES:
All Athletes and Coaches will follow the chairlift riding policies of Whaleback Mountain. At this time, athletes may ride the chairlift with other athletes, coaches or the general public.
COVID-19 WMC ATTESTATION
I have read WMC COVID-19 Coach and Athlete Protocol and I agree to comply with these guidelines.
I will refrain from attending training if not safe to do so, per the guidelines.
I agree that I will hold The Whaleback Mountain Club (WMC) harmless for any illness or injury.
I am aware that no activity is free from risk, and even with these additional guidelines in place, all social interactions carry an increased risk of infection.
I understand that the actions that I take directly impact the health of others and that participation in WMC programming is contingent upon compliance with these guidelines.
(All participants agree to the COVID-19 Athlete Protocol during program registration in League Athletics).