Whaleback Mountain Club (WMC) Coach/Athlete
Coaches and Athletes must answer the following questions before EVERY in-person session:
- Have you had a fever or felt feverish in the last 72 hours?
- Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19?
- A fever of 100.4° F or higher?
- Respiratory symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Flu-like symptoms such as muscle aches, chills, and severe fatigue?
- Gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Changes to your sense of taste or smell?
- Have you had any close contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days either:
- Internationally (outside of U.S.)
- By cruise ship, or
- Domestically (within the U.S.) outside of NH, VT, or ME on public transportation (e.g. bus, train, plane, etc.)
IF YES TO ANY OF THE ABOVE, YOU WILL BE ASKED NOT TO PARTICIPATE.
EVERY COACH and ATHLETE NEEDS TO HAVE AT ALL practices:
- Masks (Masks must be worn over the nose and mouth, when not actively engaged in skiing or snowboarding and when social distancing is not possible, including on all lifts).
- Personal container of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Personal Water and Snacks or money to purchase from resort. There will be NO sharing of water or food between athletes.
ALL COACHES and ATHLETES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRACTICE HAND HYGIENE
- Upon arrival and prior to leaving.
- Before and after going to the bathroom.
- Before and after touching the face or face covering.
- Before and after touching any shared equipment.
ATHLETE and COACH RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Upon arrival to practice, wait in or near my vehicle until my practice time.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- Come wearing my face mask; and practice hand hygiene if I touch my face or my mask.
- Keep my equipment and clothing distanced from other athletes’ equipment by a minimum of 6 feet
- No sharing of water or snacks.
- No unnecessary physical contact, such as high-fives, hugs, fist-bumps, handshakes, etc.
- Follow guidelines for hand hygiene (see above).
- Limit the use of carpooling; if I must carpool, I will wear a mask when riding with a non-household member; try to use the same carpool regularly to minimize the number of contacts.
- Wear clean clothes to each in-person practice (and wash after single use).
If you are symptomatic, please self-isolate and contact your health care provider to be tested for COVID-19.
- Anyone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 will refrain from attending practices/events.
- Persons must stay home until symptom-based criteria are met for discontinuation of isolation:
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since resolution of fever, off any fever-reducing medications plus improvement in other symptoms.
If you are asymptomatic, but had close contact with someone suspected or confirmed with COVID-19, or report a travel-related risk factor, you should self-quarantine for 14 days from last exposure (or return from travel) and you will not be allowed to participate in practices or events.
If you or someone with whom you have had contact is diagnosed with COVID-19, or is suspected of having COVID-19, please report that information to WMC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you learn about it.
CHAIR LIFT GUIDELINES:
All Athletes and Coaches will only be permitted to ride the chair lift with a member of their household/ travel party or by themselves.
If your athlete is under age 8, these athletes will only be permitted to ride the chairlift with a household/travel party member aged 10 or older, who must be present at the bottom of the lift but may not participate in the group.
COVID-19 WMC ATTESTATION
I have read WMC COVID-19 Coach and Athlete Protocol and the CDC Face Mask Summary. I agree to comply with these guidelines, which are based on the CDC’s Considerations for Youth Sports and New Hampshire’s guidance Safer At Home 2.0: Amateur and Youth Sports as well as NH Guidance for Ski Areas.
I will refrain from attending training if not safe to do so, per the guidelines.
I agree that I will hold The Whaleback Mountain Club (WMC) harmless for any illness or injury.
I am aware that no activity is free from risk, and even with these additional guidelines in place, all social interactions carry an increased risk of infection.
I understand that the actions that I take directly impact the health of others and that participation in WMC programming is contingent upon compliance with these guidelines.
(All participants agree to the COVID-19 Athlete Protocol during program registration in League Athletics).